1. Choose a company that will explain all your options in plain English, technical jargon often leaves clients unsure of what they are getting and more importantly what they are paying for.
2. Your Web Design provider should provide a 100% solution. Meaning they should provide the design, maintenance and hosting of your website. Going to separate vendors for these 3 key services, will increase the cost and complexity of managing your website.
3. Demand experts at each level, this means that graphic designers do graphics, programmers program and so on. Having experts at each level increases the quality of your website.
4. Choose a company that makes you feel comfortable asking as many questions as you need. At Webxnow we believe client communications to be one of our core business processes.
5. Your website is an ongoing part of your business, changes and updates are common place. Therefore affordable maintenance is critical in allowing your website to be run within budget. Webxnow’s maintenance packages start at less than 60$ per month.
6. Look at the companies previous clients. If there portfolio impresses you, then they might be the company your looking for. Also ask for the pricing of the sample sites you like, to make sure they are within your budget.
7. Ask how they approach the construction of your site. How will they go about determining your needs? Will you be consulted during construction? How often? What happens if you don’t like their design? Be comfortable with the firms approach.
8. Be weary of companies that offer cheap pricing. Often times these are introductory prices, that do not include such things as logo, graphic design and writing services or just plain poor design solutions.